Pre-Breakfast: An Enhanced Way To Start Your Day
What you consume when you first wake up programs your body to feel a certain way for the rest of the day.
Do you want to be hungry, tired, anxious and unable to focus all day long?
Or would you rather have reduced cravings, a smooth supply of energy, and be calm and focused?
Of course, we all would prefer the second one…
By doing what we call a “pre-breakfast” you can optimize your body for an ultra-productive day.
If you typically start your day off with a big dose of caffeine, greasy meat like sausage or bacon, or worse, fast food you will benefit tremendously from what you're about to read.
Did you know the grease filled abomination that has come to be known as the “All American Breakfast” was devised by Sigmund Freud's nephew, Edward Bernays, also known as the Godfather of Propaganda?
In the 1920's Edward was hired by a pork manufacturer to increase demand for bacon, and the 1,000 calories All American breakfast was born
Even if you currently treat yourself to a healthy breakfast such as fruit or oatmeal you can enjoy increased vibrancy by partaking in a pre-breakfast.
We will share two versions of the pre-breakfast; a simple version and a high-performance version for people with a more demanding lifestyle.
Simple Pre-Breakfast Is Only Two Steps
This is easy and will literally take you less than a minute.
You simply start your day with a tall glass of filtered water and two spoons full of coconut oil.
It's so basic I'm worried you won't commit to trying it because it seems too simple to do much. Give it try. You'll be surprised at what a difference it can make!
Let's quickly go over what each of these two things does to our body.
We'll start with the benefits of filtered water:
- Helps you focus - Even mild dehydration can cause dizziness, headaches, and impact our ability to focus
- Helps you burn fat - Studies show that hydrated cells help to flush out fat
- Improves digestion - Stomach problems are becoming a serious health issue for the fast food generation. Water is a gentle way to flush your digestive tract and keep it healthy
There's also a psychological benefit to starting your day with a refreshing glass of water. From the book "One Simple Change"...
The benefits of drinking water in the morning go beyond the physical, though: I find that having a glass of water right after I wake up makes me feel as if I've kicked off the day on the right foot. Since I've done something good for myself first thing, I am more likely to continue to make healthy choices as the day goes on.
Now Let's Talk About Coconut Oil:
Here's a quick rundown of what coconut oil can do for you...
- Energy boost - Your body doesn't typically store the healthy fatty acids in coconut oil as fat. Instead, your body quickly converts them to energy
- Keeps blood sugar in check - The crash you experience after a high-carb meal is caused by out of control blood sugar levels. Coconut oil helps control that
- Boosts your metabolism - One study found that medium-chain fats like coconut oil increased metabolism by 12%
- Reduced appetite - Researchers discovered that the medium-chain triglycerides found in coconut oil caused people to consume 256 fewer calories per day
When you partake in this pre-breakfast you will find the urge to bombard your stomach with ghastly processed food later on in the day is greatly reduced.
It really is amazing. Sugar and junk food cravings just get put on mute.
Not A Replacement For Breakfast
You probably guessed from the name “pre-breakfast” that this is something you do before breakfast, not a replacement for breakfast.
You will have to play around with it to find a way to best work a pre-breakfast into your daily routine. I don't recommend going more than 2 hours between pre-breakfast and regular breakfast.
Here's what works for me:
- Pre-breakfast when I first wake up
- Stretching and a light workout
- Morning hygiene
- Normal breakfast (usually a green smoothie with a scoop of protein powder)
I hope you try this. It seems too simple to have a profound effect on the way you feel, but not everything capable of making a positive change has to be complex.
Simple Pre-Breakfast Summarized
- Glass of filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
If you don’t have the luxury of easing into your day gently, and physical & mental challenges are placed on you as soon as you roll out of bed, you should upgrade to a more robust pre-breakfast.
Like the simple pre-breakfast, the high-performance pre-breakfast is also fast and simple, but it adds a few well-researched ingredients that sharpen your focus and gives you an even greater supply of natural energy.
The high-performance pre-breakfast does NOT involve exercise, meditating, green juice, or a large dose of stimulants.
The carefully selected ingredients in this protocol won't stress your body or leave you anxious and jittery. You'll enjoy a calm, smooth rush of natural energy and sharpened focus when you start your day with a high-performance pre-breakfast.
Find out more about the high-performance pre-breakfast on the Next Page as well as how to burn 1000's of extra calories a day while you do absolutely nothing. We'll also tell you how to cut the calories and glycemic impact of your favorite carb-filled foods in half with a strange cooking technique...